PMI foam has the following properties: 1. 100% closed c […]
PMI foam has the following properties:
1. 100% closed cell structure and isotropic.
2. Good heat resistance, heat distortion temperature is 180~240℃.
3. Excellent mechanical properties, high specific strength and high specific modulus, which are the highest among various foams.
4. Surface contact, with good compression creep performance.
5. High temperature autoclave molding (180~230℃, 0.5~0.7MPa), vacuum package heating molding (180~230℃, several Pa), and melt injection molding to realize foam interlayer and prepreg One-time co-curing of materials.
6. It does not contain Freon and halogen.
7. Good fire resistance, non-toxic and low smoke.
8. Good compatibility with various resin systems.
9. Excellent dielectric properties: the dielectric constant is 1.05~1.13, and the loss tangent is (1~18)X10-3. In the frequency range of 2~26 GHz, its dielectric constant and dielectric loss change very little, showing good broadband stability, making it very suitable for the manufacture of radar and radome.
10. Moist heat corrosion of the panel-honeycomb interface without aluminum honeycomb sandwich structure.
PMI foam has the advantages of small specific gravity, high temperature resistance, low dielectric constant and loss, high compressive strength, high specific strength, good fatigue and creep resistance, etc. It can be cured in one step with the prepreg, and has excellent Secondary processing performance, products with different curved shapes can be formed by heating.
Among foams of the same density, the strength and stiffness of PMI foam are the highest among all foams. With its excellent comprehensive performance, it has been widely used in large passenger and transport aircraft, fighter jets, helicopters, high-speed trains, wind turbine blades, satellites and launch vehicles, and sports and medical equipment. When PMI foam is used as a sandwich material, the Scrim method, filament winding method, pressure casting method and other methods can be used to make composite materials.