Summary:1. PET, polyethylene terephthalate, commonly used as beverag...
1. PET, polyethylene terephthalate, commonly used as beverage bottles, screen protectors and other transparent protective films. PET core foam can also be spun, which is often called polyester, so there is a saying that beverage bottles are recycled to make clothes during the Olympic Games. Many sportswear that pursues breathability and lightness are made of polyester, and the popular clothing material "Dacron" is also made of polyester, but limited by the backward spinning methods at that time, Dacron clothes are not as comfortable to wear as they are now. In addition, PET also has many engineering applications.
2. PE, polyethylene (high-density polyethylene: HDPE; low-density polyethylene: LDPE) At present, PE is a widely used plastic. With the help of different modification methods, PE can be applied in all aspects of daily life. More representative ones include plastic barrels, films, inner walls of paper cups, water pipes and cable sheaths.
3. PVC, polyvinyl chloride. PVC is now mostly used to make some cheap artificial leather, floor mats, sewer pipes, etc.; because of its good electrical properties and its own flame-retardant properties, it is widely used in the manufacture of wire and cable sheaths. In addition, PVC is widely used in industrial fields, especially in places with high requirements for acid and alkali corrosion resistance.
4. PP, polypropylene. PP is also used in a wide range of daily necessities such as packaging, toys, washbasins, buckets, hangers, cups, bottles, etc.; engineering applications such as automobile bumpers. PP spun into silk is called polypropylene, which is very common in textiles, non-woven fabrics, ropes, fishing nets and other products. PS, polystyrene, main applications: cheap transparent products, foam plastics, CD boxes, water cups, fast food boxes, thermal insulation linings, etc.
5. ABS, acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer. ABS is divided into many types according to the content of the three components and the shape of the molecular chain. It is widely used in various electrical housings, office supplies components, safety helmets, doors and windows, etc. ABS is often used in the blending and modification of other plastics in the industry. PC, polycarbonate. PC has excellent mechanical properties, toughness and rigidity, and good light transmission. It is often used in transparent water cups, feeding bottles, drinking buckets, CD substrates, lenses and lampshades in daily life.
6. PA, polyamide. Mention another name of polyamide: nylon, everyone must be familiar with it. The polyamide family is very powerful, whether it is PA6, PA66, PA11 or PA12, all of them have excellent physical and chemical properties. This is also the reason why PA is widely used in electronic appliances and automobile industries. In life, nylon rope and nylon socks are also common items. The spun PA fiber is called nylon and is used in fishing lines, fishing nets, ropes and conveyor belts, etc.
7. Blends: Since a single plastic is difficult to meet complex use requirements, different plastics are often mixed together in the plastics industry to make plastic alloys, which can not only take advantage of the advantages of different materials, but also save the cost of developing new materials. Main application: Plastic alloys are widely used in various structural materials. For example, mobile phone shells are mostly PC-ABS alloys; some sewer pipes are made of two kinds of PE alloys in order to meet the needs of performance and processing, called bimodal polyethylene.