The thermal insulation performance of PMI foam insulation material has always been very good, especially at room temperature, its thermal insulation performance is much better than other thermal insulation boards. In addition, the sound insulation effect is also quite good, widely used in Europe and North America. However, the following points should be paid attention to when constructing PMI foam insulation materials:
1. The facilities and pipes that need heat preservation should have no leakage, dry surface, no grease, no rust. Under such conditions as oranges, suitable coatings can be adopted to facilitate anti-corrosion.
2. In order to achieve the minimum heat loss, all the joints of the board and the felt must be very tightly connected. The cross joints should be staggered during multi-layer insulation to avoid the formation of thermal bridges. Cold bridges must be eliminated during cold insulation.
3. PMI foam products are used for outdoor heat preservation, or metal or plastic wrapping should be used in places subject to mechanical abrasion. Pay attention to the sealing of joints and seams. If necessary, add glue seals. The overlapping part of the wrapping layer should not be less than 100mm.
4. For cold preservation, a moisture-proof layer must be added to the cold surface. In the case of particularly low temperature, use resin-free PMI foam for heat insulation, and the moisture-proof layer must also be fireproof.
5. When the temperature exceeds 200℃, the heat preservation must be protected by a suitable outer protection, so that the possible expansion will not change the thickness and bulk density.
6. For the insulation of large-diameter or flat-wall equipment products, insulation nails should be added when the temperature exceeds 200℃, and the outer protection should be tightly attached (spacing 400mm).
7. When the PMI foam insulation object is placed vertically and has a considerable height, the insulation layer must have positioning pins or supporting rings, and the spacing should not be greater than 3 meters to prevent the insulation material from sliding down when there is vibration.
8. Outdoor heat preservation and cold preservation construction should not be carried out in rainy days, otherwise rainproof measures should be taken.