Summary:1. PET, polyethylene terephthalate, is commonly used for bev...
1. PET, polyethylene terephthalate, is commonly used for beverage bottles, screen protectors and other transparent protective films. PET core foam can also be spun, which is often referred to as polyester, so there is a saying that beverage bottles are recycled to make clothes during the Olympics. Many sportswear that pursues breathability and lightness are made of polyester. The popular clothing material "really good" a long time ago is also this thing, but due to the backward spinning method at that time, it is not as comfortable to wear as it is now. In addition, PET also has many engineering applications.
2. PE, polyethylene (high density polyethylene: HDPE; low density polyethylene: LDPE) At present, PE is a widely used plastic. With different modification methods, PE can be used in all aspects of daily life. The more representative ones include plastic buckets, films, inner walls of paper cups, water pipes and cable sheaths.
3. PVC, polyvinyl chloride. PVC is now mostly used to manufacture some cheap artificial leather, foot pads, sewer pipes, etc.; due to its good electrical properties and certain flame retardant properties, it is widely used in the manufacture of wire and cable sheaths. In addition, PVC is widely used in industrial fields, especially in places with high requirements for acid and alkali corrosion resistance.
4. PP, polypropylene. PP is also widely used in daily necessities such as packaging, toys, washbasins, buckets, hangers, drinking glasses, bottles, etc.; engineering applications such as car bumpers, etc. PP spun into silk is called polypropylene and is common in textiles, non-woven fabrics, ropes, fishing nets and other products. PS, polystyrene, main applications: cheap transparent products, foam plastics, CD boxes, drinking glasses, fast food boxes, thermal insulation linings, etc.
5. ABS, acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene copolymer. ABS is divided into many kinds according to the content of three components and the form of molecular chain. It is widely used in various electrical enclosures, office supplies components, safety helmets, doors and windows, etc. ABS is often used in the blending and modification of other plastics in the industry. PC, polycarbonate. PC has excellent mechanical properties, is tough and rigid, and has good light transmission.
6. PA, polyamide. When it comes to another name for polyamide: nylon, everyone must be familiar with it. The polyamide family is very powerful, whether it is PA6, PA66, PA11 or PA12, all of them have excellent physical and chemical properties. This is also the reason why PA is widely used in the electronic appliances and automotive industries. In life, nylon rope and nylon socks are also common items. Spinned PA fibers are called nylons and are used in fishing lines, nets, ropes, and conveyor belts, among others.
7. Blends: Since it is difficult for a single plastic to meet the complex needs of use, different plastics are often mixed together in the plastics industry to make plastic alloys, which can not only play the advantages of different materials, but also save the cost of developing new materials. Main applications: Plastic alloys are widely used in various structural materials. For example, mobile phone shells are mostly PC-ABS alloys; some sewer pipes are made of two kinds of PE alloys, called bimodal polyethylene, in order to meet the needs of performance and processing.